I don’t have a recipe for you, rather, I am thrilled to let you know that my second novel ‘Imprisoned Hearts’ is live!
I can’t thank you enough for the support! You guys are incredible!
To brighten your day, pick up a copy of my clean, romantic, suspense novel and start reading!
Stay tuned for my children’s book ’Nigel and the Festival of Flames’, which is coming soon!
I hope you enjoy!
Archway Publishing link:
’Imprisoned Hearts’ Is Live! September 6, 2020
Cream Cheese Brownies August 13, 2020
We’re back with a delicious recipe for cream cheese brownies!
During lockdown, I have been cooking up a lot of treats because baking helps me relax, it also motivates me to exercise; and for the last week, I have been craving cream cheese brownies. These brownies are easy to put together, I combined two of our previous recipes, the brownie batter from our “Mint Chocolate Brownies” and the cream cheese filling from our “Chocolate Cream Cheese Cupcakes”.
My friends, I hope all of you are staying safe and sharing your light and love with those around you! We can do this!
Chocolate Cream Cheese BROWNIES
1 Cup Flour (Gluten-Free)
1 Cup Sugar
½ Cup Butter (1 stick, softened)
1 and ½ Cups Hershey’s Syrup
Cream Cheese Filling:
1 (8 ounce) block cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
Dash of salt
¾ cup chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the brownie ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Pour the brownie batter into a 9 x 13” greased and floured pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the cream cheese filling ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Fill the pan completely full of brownie batter. Drop spoonful’s of cream cheese mixture on top of the batter; swirl or marble it with a knife.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. Allow the brownies to completely cool in the pan; slice and enjoy!
Mongolian Beef and Broccoli June 1, 2019
In September 2018, I made this fantastic Mongolian Beef and Broccoli. I was looking in my files for a new main dish and found this recipe. I don’t recall who sent me the recipe; here is a big “Thank you!” to whoever created this wonderful dish.
The beef and broccoli is so easy to throw together; combined everything in the crock pot and let it do the work. It is packed full of flavor and the leftovers are delicious!
If you eat gluten-free, watch out for soy sauce because it may have gluten in it.
You have got to try this recipe, it is wonderful!
Mongolian Beef and Broccoli
1 pound flank steak cut into strips
16 oz frozen broccoli
4 scallions (We used 1 tsp dried onion flakes)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup light soy sauce (careful of gluten)
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp minced garlic
1/4 cup cornstarch
- Spray the crock pot with Pam
2. Place the meat, broccoli and onions into it.
3. In a bowl mix together everything but the cornstarch. Slowly mix the cornstarch into the soy sauce mixture. Then pour it over the steak an veggies and mix it up well.
4. Cook on low for 4 hours or on high for 2 hours.
We served it over brown rice.
From Banana Muffins To Banana Bread March 4, 2019
I have a wonderful change to our banana muffins. Try making banana bread
with the same recipe; it works like a charm!
Yesterday afternoon, I wanted to make some banana muffins. I set to work
preparing the batter and added ¾ cup chocolate chips (just for fun)!
Remember, I love chocolate. 😊
When I was ready to put the batter in the muffin tins, I discovered I was
out of muffin liners. I did not have the patience to grease 24 muffin tins,
so I grabbed the next best thing…a loaf pan! After greasing it with
shortening, I poured the batter in and baked the bread for an hour or so,
until it was golden brown and my kitchen smelled fantastic!
Give this a try, you are going to love it!
Banana Muffins, or Banana Bread
3 cups flour (gluten free)
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
Add and stir well with a spoon.
3 mashed bananas
2 tsps vanilla
1 and ¼ cups oil (applesauce)
¾ cup chocolate chips (optional)
For banana bread, pour batter into a greased loaf pan. Bake at 375 degrees
for one hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
For muffins, pour batter into greased muffin tins or muffin liners. Bake at
375 degrees for 15 minutes or until done. Makes 2 dozen muffins.
I throw everything in my stand mixer and let it do all the work.
Boston Cream Pie Poke Cake December 3, 2018
Here is the dessert I made for my birthday this year.
It is my own recipe for a Boston Cream Pie Poke Cake.
I have always loved Boston Cream Pie, but when I began eating gluten-free, I couldn’t find any place that served this wonderful pie in a gluten-free form.
I don’t remember when, but an idea came to me how to make this cake and I have wanted to try it for a while. I love to bake new recipes for my birthday dessert and this recipe did not disappoint.
The result for this poke cake was…a ten! Everyone loved it!
You can make your yellow cake, vanilla pudding and chocolate frosting from scratch, but I am all about the shortcuts in this recipe!
Lewissisters Boston Cream Pie Poke Cake
1 package yellow cake mix, gluten-free or regular
1 small box instant vanilla pudding
1 tub chocolate frosting
A wooden spoon, for making holes in the cake
1. Make cake according to package directions.
2. Make pudding according to package directions.
3. When cake is cooled, poke holes all over the top of the cake with the wooden spoon.
4. Pour vanilla pudding all over the top of the cake, be sure to get the pudding inside the holes. Tapping the pan on the counter helps. Let the cake sit in the refrigerator overnight to set.
5. Frost with chocolate frosting and decorate with sprinkles or other toppings. Serve!
6. Store cake in the refrigerator.