It’s McCall! *Gasp*
I know I haven’t written a lot. I am more of a behind the scenes kind of gal, but now that I am doing a whole lot more cooking at home I have more recipes to share. I found this breakfast casserole recipe that is low calorie and also gluten free. The hubby and I really liked this recipe. You can eat it as it is, or eat with salsa (my choice), you can even be so bold to eat with ketchup (kids choices typically). Enjoy! If you are doing Weight Watchers it is 3 points per serving.
Breakfast Casserole – Serves 12
2 cups cooked ham
1 small onion
1 small green pepper
3 cups country style hash browns
2 cups fat free shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup Gluten Free Bisquick baking mix (Bisquick reduced fat baking mix if you don’t eat gluten free)
2 cups skim milk (we used fat free)
1 cup fat free egg substitute
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
2. In a non stick skillet spray with cooking spray and saute chopped onions and peppers.
3. Add chopped ham half way through cooking onions and peppers.
4. In a 9 x 13 baking dish pour in frozen hash browns, spread out evenly.
5. Sprinkle with salt and pepper (or any other seasoning you would like)
6. Mix in sauteed veggies and Ham.
7. Add 1 cup cheese
8. In a bowl combine milk, Bisquick and eggs; whisk together.
9. Pour over the top of the ham, hash brown, and cheese mixture
10. Bake uncover for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean
11. Sprinkle rest of the cheese over the top and cook until melted
12. Remove casserole and let stand for 5 minutes.