This month’s recipe is really tasty and simple to make. It is Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken. This meal is one of my favorites and its gluten free! This is our own recipe. The barbecue sauce packs a punch; I cannot remember which sauce we use so pick your favorite and go with it.
I love the slow cooker because you can enjoy yourself while the slow cooker does all the cooking for you… Well, some of the cooking. 🙂
Normally, I insist that recipes have exact measurements, but this time I am letting you figure out the quantity you need.
We serve this meal with cooked veggies and rice. We added extra barbecue sauce on top of the rice. I recommend this because it makes the rice irresistible.
I hope you enjoy this delicious recipe.
Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken
Chicken breasts, Boneless and skinless (any amount)
1 (18 ounce) jar barbecue sauce (any kind and any amount needed)
Seasoning for the chicken
1. Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
2. Place chicken breasts in slow cooker and season with seasoning.
3. Cover the chicken with water and turn on the slow cooker. Cook for approximately 5-6 hours on high and 7-8 hours on low. (Times could vary so check the chicken with a meat thermometer if you are not sure if it is done).
4. Drain the water from the slow cooker (careful not to burn yourself) and pour the barbecue sauce over the chicken.
5. Heat through about 10 to 15 minutes (or your preference).
6. Serve immediately or keep warm.