Here is the dessert I made for my birthday this year.
It is my own recipe for a Boston Cream Pie Poke Cake.
I have always loved Boston Cream Pie, but when I began eating gluten-free, I couldn’t find any place that served this wonderful pie in a gluten-free form.
I don’t remember when, but an idea came to me how to make this cake and I have wanted to try it for a while. I love to bake new recipes for my birthday dessert and this recipe did not disappoint.
The result for this poke cake was…a ten! Everyone loved it!
You can make your yellow cake, vanilla pudding and chocolate frosting from scratch, but I am all about the shortcuts in this recipe!
Lewissisters Boston Cream Pie Poke Cake
1 package yellow cake mix, gluten-free or regular
1 small box instant vanilla pudding
1 tub chocolate frosting
A wooden spoon, for making holes in the cake
1. Make cake according to package directions.
2. Make pudding according to package directions.
3. When cake is cooled, poke holes all over the top of the cake with the wooden spoon.
4. Pour vanilla pudding all over the top of the cake, be sure to get the pudding inside the holes. Tapping the pan on the counter helps. Let the cake sit in the refrigerator overnight to set.
5. Frost with chocolate frosting and decorate with sprinkles or other toppings. Serve!
6. Store cake in the refrigerator.