I hope you are having a wonderful fall!
Lately, life has been crazy because I have been writing and editing more books for your reading pleasure. 😊
This is the first dessert I have made this fall, so, it had to contain pumpkin. I wanted a simple recipe and I found it in our cousin Angie’s Cookbook. This easy and delicious recipe is from our Aunt Jane; thanks for the recipe Aunt Jane and Angie!
To make this recipe gluten-free, use a gluten-free cake mix.
Give it a try, you will love it!
Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 package spice cake mix (Regular or gluten-free, we used a gluten-free pumpkin cake mix.)
1 15-ounce can solid pack pumpkin
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
½ cup chopped nuts (optional)
1 can ready-to-spread cream cheese frosting (optional)
- In a large bowl, stir together the cake mix and pumpkin until well blended.
2. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
3. Drop by rounded spoonful’s onto well-greased baking sheets.
4. Bake at 375° for 11 to 13 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheets for about 5 minutes.
5. Frost with cream cheese frosting and sprinkle with a hint of nutmeg. Yield: two dozen cookies.